Friday, June 17, 2011

Line art


At one time I wanted to be a comic artist ( not the stand-up kind...), so in the process I refined and tried to perfected my line work. Also in the process of learning to ink, I started to develop a proficiency in quills and tech pens. I have a long way to go, but I am happy with the line work I can do with pens.



This is my take on Circe, it was supposed to be the line art for a watercolor painting.


I loved this , which guy doesn't like drawing knights, swords and ogres ? I was still experimenting with tech pens and quills when I finally found my stride with Pigma-Microns.



My take on the Ice-wind dale books the 'Icingdeath' scene , this is the first time I used the pigma markers to render in this way instead of my trusty quills. 


My first time using a quill, I have gone a long way since this drawing. This has been called Moon clan priest, Lunitari, Night Shaman.....amongst other absurd names. My skills in the art of nomenclature has not improved over time...

No comments: